Hello,

Im doing a project with 5 or 4 people (do not remember exactly). we are trying to simulate a calculator or the components of a calculato using VHDL verilog hardware description language). I have to design a floating point divider. That is a module that divides 2 floating point numbers. I will do the behavour description of it (structure description will take a much longer time). I think i know how to deal with floating points, but i do not know how to start. I cannot just divide the two numbers (can I?). Or i have to use substraction? how?. We have to submit the project on friday tommorow at 11:59 PM so try to send me feedback as fast as you can.

Any ideas, help or even the real code for FPD(although i think you wont do this) would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Contributor
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Muaz AL-Jarhi

Hello,

I think i got half the way there or even more than have the way. I have an implemented in Verilog hdl a module that devides two integer binary numbers. If can convert from float type to integer type then i can do it right? but how? how to do it in verilog hdl?
Again, Any ideas or help will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.