Start New Discussion within our Software Development Community

I just recently started coding and have really taken quite a liking to it. I enjoy it very much and hope to get better as soon as possible. I have a couple questions that I would like an answer to start me off.

1. I want to write a program that will allow me to have two different types of characters that will be allowed different "skills," what I mean by this is simply what type of things should I look into to learn it? Objects for the two characters? would all the "skills" be part of a string in the object?
I only want to know about how I should do the characters, the rest I am going to look into and learn myself. If it does not make sense, I am sorry and as I said, novice coder so any advice is GREATLY appreciated.

2. My second question is I want to write a calender program with the 12 months that will display the days and me be able to choose a date and it open like a notepad type deal to take notes/write things/etc. My question about this is what should I write the 12 months as and what type of things should I read into about saving data to a date? Again, any advice or tips is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

1) Study c++ classes. You can create a character class that contains all sorts of skills or data types.

2) Study c++ classes. You can create a calendar that contains whatever dates or data types you want. Also study fstream class to save and read back the data to/from data files.

I realize my answers above are very broad. At your level of understanding you need to get at least a basic understanding/knowledge of the c++ language before diving off the deep end with projects are are too difficult for you. Take your time, and you won't be disappointed.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.