hi all, I m making a project in VC# for Airlines reservation. I have taken two comboboxes.
one for source city and 1 for destination. i want that the values in the destination combobox must be add according to the value in source combobox. e.g. If i select New York in Source ComboBox then only that values must come in Destination to which flight goes to from New York.
hope u understood my problem.
Thanx in advance

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello,
How are you? I saw your profile today and feel like contacting you.I feel we may become matches.(jenifer_bugiba@yahoo.com) is my contact. Kindly make a contact if you are interested.so that I can give you my picture for you to know who iam.
My name is Jen, I will appreciate it if you give a good responds.
Thanks and remain blessed.
(Remeber the distance,colour or age does not matter but love matters alot in life)
(jenifer_bugiba@yahoo.com)

Hi,

For connecting with the backend database you need ADO.NET, although you can use LINQ tp SQL to. It's your call. An you can add values dinamically to the ComboBox like this

this.comboBox1.Items.Add("Item");

Regards,
Camilo

Here is my solution
1. You load source city into the 1st ComboBox.

DataTable dataTable = GetDataTable("Select * from City");
    cmb.Datasource = dataTable;
    cmb.DisplayMember = columnTitle;
    cmb.ValueMember = columnValue;

2. Add event Select Change to that ComboBox
3. When the item into that one changed, you can get the value and find "the values in the destination combobox".
ex: Select * from DestinationTable where ID = value

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.