I want to make a simple application which its databse is on another PC in my LAN,What do I need to do to make such connection?
I can make connections on the local PC.What do need to do to make a remote one?
I want the exact syntax of the connection string(and what its different parts are):
This is the connection string on the local computer:

Data Source=SETMC252TAHA\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=MYD;Integrated Security=True

How should I change it?
Does it need a usrname and password?if yes how can I make them in SQLSERVER.

Do I need to change some settings in SQLSEREVR?(cause I used several syntaxes in C# but none of them worked.)

(Another questions Shouldn`t an application with this

CODE]Data Source=SETMC252TAHA\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=MYD;Integrated Security=True

connection string easily work on other PCs on my LAN?)
Cause it has the server name.

TANX

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Standard Security:

1- "Data Source=Your_Server_Name; Initial Catalog= Your_Database_Name; UserId=Your_Username; Password=Your_Password;"

2-"Server=Your_Server_Name; Database=Your_Database_Name; UserID=Your_Username; Password=Your_Password; Trusted_Connection=False"

Trusted connection:

1. "Data Source=Your_Server_Name; Initial Catalog=Your_Database_Name; Integrated Security=SSPI;"

2- "Server=Your_Server_Name; Database=Your_Database_Name; Trusted_Connection=True;"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.