Hi, I have a console application that works fine. The users puts in the path of a folder and my program looks at every file in that folder. This is exactly what I wanted only now I'm moving it over into a GUI. Im using borland c++ builder 6 and I am looking at their preset dialog functions. The one I'm looking at is the 'opendialog' which I thought would be perfect however it will only open up files, it wont simply let me browse to a folder and grab hold of that, it just opens up the folder. I hope ive explained myself well enough and I was hoping that any of you guys may know a way to solve my problem without making the user actually write the path of the folder into an input box on my GUI

thanks

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Ancient Dragon

That looks very useful but as far as writing my own I wouldn't know where to start unfortunately :(

start by looking at that link I posted -- they give you all the source code. You will probably have to strip out the MFC stuff and use whatever your compiler supplies. I'm certain it supports TreeView, which is a standard win32 api window type.

As fas as finding the folder names I suppose it uses FindFirstFile() and FindNextFile() to locate the folder names.

I've been studying that website and I still cant find out whats going on. Im new to borland c++builder 6 and usually work in command line. It does have a tree view pane item that I can add onto my form but Im not sure how to work it at all. Do you know of any resources out there like guides or something I can can have a look at to see how it works a bit more because i have a feeling that this isnt going to be one of those things I can blag my way through

thanks

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.