Hi :)
Could you tell me if there is any possible way to start IE or Mozilla in Java using Swing/AWT components? I don't want just to load html in jeditorpane, i want to really start ie or mozilla.
Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

I think applets is what you are looking for.

No. I didn't mean applet. I want to have a frame and in that frame to have a component in which i can open ie or mozilla.

I don't think that this is possible. If someone else thinks otherwise, correct me.

No :) This openes a mozilla browser ... i want it to be shown in a jframe. I need some component that can support javascript too :)

You cannot show html in a JFrame.
javascript goes in html code.

html and JFrame are 2 different ways to create GUIs. The first needs a browser (and sometimes a running server) and the other a JVM

No, simply no, you cannot load an external browser program into a JFrame. They are not Java components - they are standalone programs.

It can be done:)
Try looking at webrenderer or native swing or jrex (it says it only works on linux). I tested the first two and they work :)

And those are not opening IE or Firefox in a Java frame - they are Java component implementations of a standards-compliant browser.

That was what i was looking for. Sorry if i didn't made myself understood well:)

Hi :)
Could you tell me if there is any possible way to start IE or Mozilla in Java using Swing/AWT components? I don't want just to load html in jeditorpane, i want to really start ie or mozilla.
Thanks.

That was what i was looking for. Sorry if i didn't made myself understood well:)

Well you made mess out of it :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.