i want to know how to convert pdu mode sms to text usivg java. pls anyone help me. thnks.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Can you explain "pdu mode sms"?

Never seen anything like that. Your best bet is to follow explanation in the article

Well honestly just like Peter I am not clear with what you require ?
Tell me your exact motive, what is this a part of ? What is your end objective ?

Are you trying send / receive SMSes via GSM Modem ???

I need to know that before I know what to recommend or whether I can recommend anything?

i am doing a project sms base database managmen system using java. i want to know how to read that sms using java.
this is my college final year project.
this is sale markating project.using sms customer can order gods. i used predefind sms format to do this. normal mobite phone i use for this connecting pc.(as a serial port )

i am doing a project sms base database managmen system using java. i want to know how to read that sms using java.
this is my college final year project.
this is sale markating project.using sms customer can order gods. i used predefind sms format to do this. normal mobite phone i use for this connecting pc.(as a serial port )

Buddy you really need to learn about your domain, basically what you want is to be able to read incoming messages received via a GSM Modem (and in this case your cell phone-> which internally contains the GSM Modem).
From what I can see it appears to me that you are using AT commands directly to communicate with your GSM modem, this would mean that you will have to write your own code to actually decipher the message from the content you get, in this case I guess you will have to write your own function to do the decoding or you could switch to TEXT mode instead of PDU mode. Look here for more information on that.

However I would actually suggest you use the SMSLib library which will handle these low level tasks for you (so you will not have to manually hit the AT commands).

Also a suggestion, when you are working on a project do a little background work on the technologies you are using so you know what is happening. A simple pointer to the fact you haven't gathered enough knowledge about your problem domain is that instead of the title "pdu to text converting", this thread should have had the title "How to receive smses with a GSM Modem"

Also another thing to mention is please do a little spell check when you post something, its no fun reading such posts.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.