I really need some help!! I do not understand anything! I do not even know how to start!!! Can any1 help plz!!!

“Moore’s law describes a trend in the history of computer hardware. The number of
transistors that can be inexpensively placed on an integrated circuit is increasing exponentially,
doubling approximately every two years. The trend was first observed by Intel
co-founder Gordon E. Moore in a 1965 paper. It has continued for half a century and is
not expected to stop for another decade at least and perhaps much longer.
Almost every measure of the capabilities of digital electronic devices is linked to Moore’s
law: processing speed, memory capacity, even the resolution of digital cameras. All of these are improving at (roughly) exponential rates as well. This has dramatically increased
the usefulness of digital electronics in nearly every segment of the world economy.
Moore’s law describes this driving force of technological and social change in the late 20th
and early 21st centuries.”
More generally, the law is applied to capabilities of electronic devices, even if they do not
specifically rely on the density of transistors, like hard-disks capacity etc.
Write a program that reads in a number that measures a capability of an electronic
device, a number of months, and outputs the capability of such a device (at the same
cost) in this many months.
Try your program on several devices that you own or wish to own and with different
durations into the future.
Example: 6 months ago the Motorola K1 was $0 if you entered a contract for 2 years.
It’s display has 176 x 220 (or 38720) pixels. 18 months from now we can expect the
display of a $0 phone to have 77440 pixels e.g. about 252 x 308.
Consider other capabilities and other devices as well.
Hint Even though the development is not continuous but occurs in bouts it will help to
compute a monthly growth rate and keep that in a variable.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

First of all, You dint post out any question, And secondly, while you post in the question, Please post in where you are having problems with your code.

>Please post in where you are having problems with your code

I do not understand anything! I do not even know how to start!!!

Im assuming she just wants it to be done for her with no effort what so ever.

I do not know how to start the program!! I do not even understand the inputs and outputs!!!

When it says "exponentially" then what formula should I use for the output?

I dont understand!At least help me to know which formula for the output, and Ill do the coding

>I do not know how to start the program!!
I always start with this:

#include <iostream>

int main()
{
}

>When it says "exponentially" then what formula should I use for the output?
The description says to double approximately every 24 months. Using that as the baseline, you can calculate the percent of total for the months entered versus the baseline and then calculate that percentage of the capability. Add the percentage of the capability to the base capability and you're done.

For example, you have a device that measures capability in flumpits. The starting flumpits come to 8, so in 24 months you can expect 16 flumpits because of the 24 month doubling. If you actually want to know the flumpits in some different span, like 18 months, you get the percentage of 18 in 24:

18 / 24 = .75 * 100 = 75%

Then add 75% of 8 flumpits to the current total:

8 * .74 = 6
8 + 6 = 14

So the growth of flumpits in 18 months would reach approximately 14 flumpits. What if you want to know the flumpits in 30 months?

30 / 24 = 1.25 = 125%
8 * 1.25 = 10
8 + 10 = 18

After 30 months you can expect an increase to 18 flumpits. This is a basic formula that should get you closer to finishing your assignment.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.