I already know C and I have to learn Java. Can anybody recommend an ebook I can read?

First of all you have to get to know the principles of Java and object oriented programming in general (as it works different than C and other procedural languages). I learned about that from book by Ivor Horton (It's Wrox publishing I guess) but there are many others out there.

I also just move from c to java and i found this book "java how to program sixth edition" very useful.
you can e-mail me on
<snipped email>
so that i can send it as an attachment

I also just move from c to java and i found this book "java how to program sixth edition" very useful.
you can e-mail me on
<snipped email>
so that i can send it as an attachment

The Deitel and Deitel books are always awesome.

I also, second the recommendation for Java, how to Program... though you should really get the newest edition if possible (I believe it is currently 7e that is newest, though I could be mistaken).

7th is the latest one, however I did not like DB and AJAX section there. Cannot explain why but it did not suited me...

I already know C and I have to learn Java. Can anybody recommend an ebook I can read?

Hi,

Don't get fancied by all the big big books you see. First get agood book thats easy to understand. Head First java is a very good book. Read it fully don't skip chapters, and do the exercises, that will be more than enough.

best of luck