Im currently in the need of some code metrics. Specifically Im in need of afferent + efferent coupling and Instability measures. I used to work with NDepend (on .NET platform) but I now need to be able to make similar measurements on a c++ project.

If you don't know NDependt, the measurements I'm looking for is basically those missioned by object mentor.

Does any of you know any tools for measuring the above.

p.s. I have a tool that can paint callee/caller graph but I need numbers for calculation purposes

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't the foggiest notion of what you are asking.

Well you might not be the only one :-) so i'll try to clearify a bit.

I'm looking for a tool for static analysis of c++ code capable of giving me afferent and effenrent coupling (on a per class basis preferrably). and instability measures are needed as well.

/Rune

I know that you can build these kind of programs with Rose Realtime, but I'm not sure if it has a reverse engineering button to create diagrams from code...
And since Rose isn't exactly cheap, I don't have a copy to test this. Perhaps you could look at the docs from IBM?
That's about all the help I can offer...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.