I am coding a unit in Delphi 2007 and everything has been working fine. Suddenly, pressing the "return" key merely moves the cursor to the next line instead of throwing a new line I switch to another program (word processor) and that program works fine. I have rebooted, but that doesn't solve the problem.

It seems I must have accidentally set something in the Delphi software to make this happen. Please help me out and tell me how to get my line feeds back!

Thanks,

Bob

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi my friend. I am using the same lovely Delphi 2007.
I saw you having this problem, i went to my delphi looking for the cause...
it seems that you have pressed the 'Insert' key (not by the cause).
by pressing it, in the buttom bar, you see the word 'Insert' changes to 'Overwrite';
and the line feed changes to line overwrite.
this MAY be the cause.
if not,
go to Tools\Options\Editor Option\ and its root directories.
you may find many thing marked or unmarked. check if one is responsible for this fault.

hope this helps.

wish you success, and good luck.
Mehrdad.

THANKS MEHRDAD:

The proble was an Apple computer problem. It has no ins/delete key. But I finally found out that pressing function + return is the Apple substitute.

Bob

Hi my friend. I am using the same lovely Delphi 2007.
I saw you having this problem, i went to my delphi looking for the cause...
it seems that you have pressed the 'Insert' key (not by the cause).
by pressing it, in the buttom bar, you see the word 'Insert' changes to 'Overwrite';
and the line feed changes to line overwrite.
this MAY be the cause.
if not,
go to Tools\Options\Editor Option\ and its root directories.
you may find many thing marked or unmarked. check if one is responsible for this fault.

hope this helps.

wish you success, and good luck.
Mehrdad.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.