Hello, I currently code in java for a game. But it's a private server... Many people question my way of coding, but i dont. My way of coding is more simpler than the public boolean and public void... As most know for some games you need a class file and a java file, but in the class file it's everything in the java file but with a symbol. So thinking smart i decided to make everything different. Instead of long lines of coding followed by brackets and else if I used a simple logic code of commands and public void starters and public boolean starters. Yet no one on moparscape can pull this off, so they critisize me for being creative and smart. If you code java in a different way are you stupid? This is just something i want too know for the reference.

stultuske commented: does he understand the Java syntax/principles at all?? +0

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

My way of coding is more simpler than the public boolean and public void...

Yes, you mentioned your disdain for public void and public boolean in this thread. I can't stand them either.

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread139990.html

So thinking smart i decided to make everything different. Instead of long lines of coding followed by brackets and else if I used a simple logic code of commands and public void starters and public boolean starters.

Yes that is smart. Brackets are over-rated.

Yet no one on moparscape can pull this off, so they critisize me for being creative and smart.

They're just jealous.

Hello, I currently code in java for a game. But it's a private server... Many people question my way of coding, but i dont. My way of coding is more simpler than the public boolean and public void... As most know for some games you need a class file and a java file, but in the class file it's everything in the java file but with a symbol. So thinking smart i decided to make everything different. Instead of long lines of coding followed by brackets and else if I used a simple logic code of commands and public void starters and public boolean starters. Yet no one on moparscape can pull this off, so they critisize me for being creative and smart. If you code java in a different way are you stupid? This is just something i want too know for the reference.

1. maybe they have reason to question your way of coding?
2. and the difficulty on the public boolean/void part is???
3. wake up and smell the coffee. a 'class' file is a compiled 'java' file
4. something in your explenation makes me repeat my first remark
5. creative and smart? after I read your explanation for 'class' and 'java' files, I immediately thought otherwise
6. code Java in a different way ... what different way is that? the Cobolo-way?

Can you sent a sample of you java code, because I don't understand what you mean when you say:

My way of coding is more simpler than the public boolean and public void.

but in the class file it's everything in the java file but with a symbol. So thinking smart i decided to make everything different

How different?

I used a simple logic code of commands and public void starters and public boolean starters

Can you provide some code?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.