Hi,

I have an old web-application in production which works fine. Now I want to make some changes and loads it into MS web developer express with the newest .NET framework installed. The problem occours when loading the website into the program. It seems that the "My" doesn't support request and response on cookies anymore.

ex. My.Request.Cookies("TestEmail")

I have succeeded finding the alternative to respond: System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.Cookies.Add

But have not been able to find the new way for Request. Can somebody help me doing this?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You'll get it with:

Dim Resp As System.Net.HttpWebResponse
' Make WebRequest
' Resp.Cookies has the cookies

Take a look at System.Net.WebResponse and System.Net.HttpWebResponse namespaces. You should find everything you need in them (and in Request namespaces of cource).

You'll get it with:

Dim Resp As System.Net.HttpWebResponse
' Make WebRequest
' Resp.Cookies has the cookies

Take a look at System.Net.WebResponse and System.Net.HttpWebResponse namespaces. You should find everything you need in them (and in Request namespaces of cource).

Thank you for your help. I have found out that I might use it like this:

System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Request.Cookies.Item("Role").Value()

instead of
My.Request.Cookies("Role").Value()

I just don't hope that the change will change behaviour elsewhere in the program. It hasn't until now, so maybe this is the way.

I think it is weird that the framework has changed these things. A lot of older websites must be edited quite a bit.

IMHO the difference between classic ASP and ASP.NET is so huge that in most cases it's a lot more easier to take only the "application logic" and rewrite from the scratch with ASP.NET :-/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.