Hey, I'm new and am using Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition.

How do I increase the size of the console screen, I just need to make it wider for my program.

Yes, I have searched, but all the methods I have found require to me use
#include <windows.h>

I get an error every time I use this

"fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory"

Is there any other way to make it wider?

I'm need to do this because the information I am displaying out to the console is too big and goes it the next line, it would be a lot better if it console could be wider.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I am doing this for a computer science class, we are required to used Visual Studio 2005. Thats what the graders will use to compile the program.

Any other way?

Thanks.

You can not do that with your compiler without downloading the Windows Platform SDK as I said in my previous post. Is your teacher really that stupid to realize that? I think you should probably be using the student edition of that compiler, which is the same as the Pro edition that includes everything you need, but costs under $100.00 USD.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.