z= ++y + 386 / cube(++x);
printf("%d %d %d", ++x, y, z);

convert into hexadecimal
2) a = 0*aa b = a<<1
a) b=a
b) b= 2a

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Your question seems clumsily constructed and you haven't used code tags. Be specific when asking questions.

This is homework assignment and gayatri apparently wants us to do it for him/her.

The code you posted will have undefined behavior. cube(++x) could result in different answers on different compilers, so the ourput can not be determined exactly.

Hi i am also new to C

I think ans may be

X=2, Y=8,z=61

We wont do your homework for you, and please use code tags in future please. Check the rules and welcome guide for details.

The code you posted will have undefined behavior. cube(++x) could result in different answers on different compilers, so the ourput can not be determined exactly.

Why? It increments i, calls cube with the new value, then returns the answer to y. What's undefined about it? i isn't modified twice.

Why? It increments i, calls cube with the new value, then returns the answer to y. What's undefined about it? i isn't modified twice.

That's because cube is not a function name: it's a macros. We (not me, I never use macros) have:

# define cube(x)(x*x*x)
int x = 2;
y= cube(++x);
is
y = (++x*++x*++x);

But operator ++ side effect (incr x) committing point is the outer expression terminator - semicolon. So every factor may be equal to 3, 4, or 5!..

My bad. I thought he wrote a function. I didn't know the macro existed, never needing it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.