So here's my question. I'm new to python and am near lost. I've been through a few tutorials and still don't feel confident. Sure I can do whatever the tutorials say, but it's a different story when I do the whole thing myself.

Here's what I would like to do just to start:
I want to make two related websites. The first page will have a list of names that are numbered. Once a name is clicked on it will bring me to the second page where it will have information on that person (four columns: ID, phone number, hobbies and anything else).

This HAS TO BE easy. With python being recommended so highly to me on pure ease of use, why can I not figure this out?!

Any/all help is appreciated!
thx

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

So what does your initial code look like?
What error messages are you getting?

I fixed this problem. Here's the error message I was receiving when I did runserver, validate, etc.

C:\website\IT>manage.py runserver
Validating models...
[...]
File "C:\website\IT\..\IT\packages\models.py", line 5, in Category
topic = models.ForeignKey(Package, related_name="categories")
NameError: name 'Package' is not defined

THIS IS REALLY THE PROBLEM:

The problem I'm having is figuring out how everything relates. By that I mean it seems like the files from my main folder (manage, settings urls, views) pull and receive from the files inside my 'packages' folder. If that's not very clear I understand...lol!

thx guys....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.