Is there a way to Alt-F4 programatically.
It will be used to close another programs window that opens wich is the topmost form
on the desktop.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

That doesn't sound like a bad thing to do at all. :icon_rolleyes: You might want to start reading The Old New Thing; there are plenty of horror stories about bad programmers who break the rules like that and screw up Windows for years to come.

I am not sure what could be ment by that, I found a lot of information about The Old New Thing that I start to read. It seems to cover a lot of things =) Perheps Alt-F4 can Shut down windows ? but perheps it could be controlled to not do that creating a scenario to prevent perheps, or perheps not :D

That doesn't sound like a bad thing to do at all. :icon_rolleyes: You might want to start reading The Old New Thing; there are plenty of horror stories about bad programmers who break the rules like that and screw up Windows for years to come.

>Perheps Alt-F4 can Shut down windows ?
I meant that monkeying about in another program's process like that should give you the chills, and if it doesn't, you shouldn't be writing code.

Is there a way to Alt-F4 programatically.
It will be used to close another programs window that opens wich is the topmost form
on the desktop.

This is not really a standardized thing, in my knowledge. For many reasons, it is usually a pretty involved platform specific thing, as terminating aother program is considered unsafe. There are ways to do it depending on the OS and other details.

Thanx...
Sean

okay, It was just a bit new to me but then I know, perheps considering other solutions.
Thanks for your info.

This is not really a standardized thing, in my knowledge. For many reasons, it is usually a pretty involved platform specific thing, as terminating aother program is considered unsafe. There are ways to do it depending on the OS and other details.

Thanx...
Sean

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.