Hi, I need some enlightenment with copying arrays in JAVA from some of ya seasoned lots.

I have this 2d array , twoDarray[10][6] and another 1d array oneDarray[1,2,3,4,5,6]. I'd like to copy the 1d array into the 4th row of the 2d array.Suggestion please. Thnx in advance.

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by RabbitruN

The twoDArray in your case is just an array of size 10 with each slot referring to a integer array i.e. two dimensional arrays in Java are just an array of arrays. Hence you can either use twoDArray[3] = oneDArray; or System.arraycopy if you don't want modifications in the original oneDArray to be reflected in twoDArray. Also read this.

thnx for the valuable input...appreciate it..muah.

The twoDArray in your case is just an array of size 10 with each slot referring to a integer array i.e. two dimensional arrays in Java are just an array of arrays. Hence you can either use twoDArray[3] = oneDArray; or System.arraycopy if you don't want modifications in the original oneDArray to be reflected in twoDArray. Also read this.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.