I just need a hint or two to solve this problem.
I dont need any coding or something similar just a "hint".
Thanx
Q.2. A local airlines has three different models of passenger planes:
The 101 is a charter plane that carries up to 10 passengers, with the seats arranged in 5 rows
of 2 seats each.
• The 202 is a c o m m u t e r plane that carries up to 40 passengers, with the seats arranged in 10
rows of 4 seats each.
• The 404 is a wide-body plane that carries up to 160 passengers, with the seats arranged in 20
rows of 8 seats each.
Write the reservation system for the airlines that, given the flight number, displays the seating chart
for that flight, displaying ' X ' for seats that have been booked andfor seats that are not booked.
For cxamnle. the seatine chart for nlane 101 with 5 oassenaers m m h t aonear as follows:

indicating that seats 1 A, 3 A , 3 B , 4 B , and 5A have been booked. The p r o g r a m should display a menu
to reserve seats, cancel seats, change to a different plane, and display seating chart.
For reserving the seats, the program should first display the seating chart and then ask the user for
his/her preference for the r o w n u m b e r and seat number. If the seat is already booked, the program
should display a message and book any available seat. If no seats are available, the program should
display the proper message.
For seat, cancellation, the p r o g r a m should ask the row number and seat n u m b e r and should cancel -
that seat. If the seat is not booked, the program should display a proper message.
To change to a different plane, the program should ask the plane n u m b e r and then all the operations
of the menu i.e. reservations, cancellations etc. should use the seating chart for that plane, you can
use seating chart of any plane in the start of the program.
The display option should display the seating chart of currently selected plane.
You can use functions to implement this program.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It's hard to give much of a hint since we don't know what your expertise level is. We don't know if you know how to use classes. If so, you could set up classes like Seat , Row , Airplane . If not, the issue is moot. Regardless, split the assignment up into smaller parts. Start naming your functions and deciding what exactly they should assume as far as good versus bad data and what they need to take as parameters and what they shoudl return, how you want the menu to be organized, etc. Again, this is going to depend on whether you use classes. You can always write empty functions and have the menu call them and go from there.

I am just a beginning level programmer
just have started learning programming on visual c++
i just know the basic looping structures and
decisions,arrays and basic functions knowledge.
Now can u help me out with this.

First, make some sense of the assignment. I don't know if this is a copy and paste or you typed it yourself, but there are too many errors here to make sense of what is required, though I can sort of guess (looks like the "appears as follows" part got cut off).

Write the reservation system for the airlines that, given the flight number, displays the seating chart
for that flight, displaying ' X ' for seats that have been booked andfor seats that are not booked.
For cxamnle. the seatine chart for nlane 101 with 5 oassenaers m m h t aonear as follows:

indicating that seats 1 A, 3 A , 3 B , 4 B , and 5A have been booked. The p r o g r a m should display a menu
to reserve seats, cancel seats, change to a different plane, and display seating chart.

First step, figure out what needs to be stored as data. Second, figure out the data types that will store that data and set up some variables. Third, decide whether you want these variables to be global or not. Fourth, figure out what needs to be done and how to split up the work and set up a list of functions that do that. Use good function and variable names, and as said before, decide what the function takes as parameters and what it returns. Just write the function skeleton which simply returns a nonsense value. Compile it, get it to run without errors, then go from there.

Thanx for the help
Now i will try my level best to achieve
something out of it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.