Hey, I am trying to replicate a sort of Windows Media Player type library and was wondering if there was such a thing (or an equivalent) as an Multi-Column Listbox.

Currently, I have the data coming in but storing them into 3 different listboxes (Artist, Title, Album). This works at the moment, however, when it comes to sorting, it makes it near impossible as none of this list boxes are linked. I was wondering if there was a way I could put columns in a listbox so that I could have all that data on the row.

I notice theres a columns option in Listboxes but believe that column 2 only gets used when column 1 is full.

Column 1 Column2 Column3
Row1 Artist Title Album
Row2 Artist Title Album

I am using Borland C++ Builder.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated on displaying the data this way, or in any other way.

Thanks, Ian

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I think what your looking for is a grid control, not a list box. They can be tricky to understand, but with the help of google, it shoulden't be too hard. Here is a good example on how to make one.

Hope this helps.

I
Here is a good example on how to make one.

No, it's a very bad example, because grid controls are native in Win32 and you don't need to re-invent the wheel.
And here, it's not a grid, but a lv.

No, it's a very bad example, because grid controls are native in Win32 and you don't need to re-invent the wheel.
And here, it's not a grid, but a lv.

Nothing wrong with re-inventing the wheel, so long as its either better or you learned something from it.

commented: Very true :) +6
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.