djclipz 0 Newbie Poster

Hi,
I have recently been experimenting with the world of custom controls but have found it increasingly hard to make exactly what i want. The idea is to have a control which i am able to apply css to, so it has the desired look and inside of it will be a heading (that also has a css property) and then beneath that an editable region, so in the designer, i can add anything i like to it eg.other controls at design time. My first problem i came up against was the editable area, however i now seem to be able to do this, however everything i place into editable area is not directly accessible in the code behind page. Instead i have to use FindControl, which i would rather not do. Is there a way or anyone know of a link to help me be able to can change the behaviour so that everything placed within my editable region is actually rendered to the page. I did try inheriting from panel as this works how i would like it too, but ultimately i can't use it and im not entirely sure exactly how it works itself to implement myself. Ive come accross a few similar examples however there seem to be alot of issues with the designer in visual studio. I would prefer to have the designer render to exactly what it does on the web page (this is where i have hit the biggest problems)

Thank-you in advance for any help!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.