Never mind, I solved it on my own!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Why are you are you useing a C-string(const char *) for p?

Actually this is a tad "weird," and over complicated(IMO).

Wait, I just figured this out on my own! I figured out my problem.

Sorry for the trouble, this is my first C++ game. Its a Text Adventure and its comming along great!

How about you don't edit your posts to tell us it's solved. How about you post your solution. That way people can learn from your mistakes. Keep editing for fixing typos and improving clarity.

because im a noob at C++ scripting and most of my code wouldn't make sense to any one but me (because its huge and might be known as "Speghetti Code") Also, most of my variables that I have, have names that dont make sense to any one but me.

because im a noob at C++ scripting and most of my code wouldn't make sense to any one but me (because its huge and might be known as "Speghetti Code") Also, most of my variables that I have, have names that dont make sense to any one but me.

Lol. Well here is as good a place as any to get helpful tips on 'untangling' your code. And it's bad practice to write code with meaningless identifiers, since you may want to understand it a few months from now and it will all be meaningless! Also, C++ isn't a script - those use interpreters to understand code, whereas C++ is compiled into a self describing executable.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.