Hello,
I am developing the project of "Employee Information System" using C language, In this project i want to add the mobile number for the each employee {Each Mobile number having 7 characters, Bcoz if we using the integer means, Any of one employee has no mobile number it’s not print the "0000000" format of mobile number} So if it okay means You will send the clear details about, "How to add the mobile number and also How to increase that to each employee "ASAP.
Contact Mail ID : [removed]

Thanks & Regards,
B.Karthikeyan

Use char string[10] .

thanks fore ur reply.
But i need the number are automatically incrementing that is If u enter Mobile no :1234567 for employee 1 na 2nd employee will directly get the next no that is 1234568
Reply me ASAP.

Regards,
B.Karthikeyan

It seems as if you have a solution in mind, why don't you try to implement it and if you have any trouble, post your code along with the question. (Something like "I expected it to do ___ but it is doing ___")

Oh, and when posting c code, please use c code tags
[code=c] /* Your code here */

[/code]

You can enter the first mobile number

scanf("%d",&mobileno[0];

rest all the numbers will be as

for(i=0;i<n;i++)
mobileno[i+1]=mobile[i]+1;

It seems as if you have a solution in mind, why don't you try to implement it and if you have any trouble, post your code along with the question. (Something like "I expected it to do ___ but it is doing ___")

Oh, and when posting c code, please use c code tags
[code=c] /* Your code here */

[/code]

HI,

I store employee's 7digit phone number as string. I want to allocate numbers to them For each employee the phone number should be 1 value greater than previous employee.
So, I need to increment ph number by 1.
How to increment a string?
Regards,
Karthikeyan.B

Please don't answer each post since your last with the same string, we all have to read through all of them.

I can't imagine any phone system where you can pre-order sequential 7 digit phone numbers, but ignoring that for now...

Why does the 7 digit phone number have to be a string?

Or if it does, why can't you convert it from a string to a number, add one and convert it back?

If you're REALLY desperate, you could convert the last character of the phone number to a number and add 1. If the number is now 10, put a '0' down for the last digit and 'carry' the one to the next-to-the last character. (At least that's how I learned to do manual addition when I was in school.)

Comments
Very good, nice simple "string" addition, just like how it's done on paper.

Please don't answer each post since your last with the same string, we all have to read through all of them.

I can't imagine any phone system where you can pre-order sequential 7 digit phone numbers, but ignoring that for now...

Why does the 7 digit phone number have to be a string?

Or if it does, why can't you convert it from a string to a number, add one and convert it back?

If you're REALLY desperate, you could convert the last character of the phone number to a number and add 1. If the number is now 10, put a '0' down for the last digit and 'carry' the one to the next-to-the last character. (At least that's how I learned to do manual addition when I was in school.)

Hi,
Bcoz,1 employee is not having a mobile no means, output for that employee is 0000000 by using string,But if i am using integer means its not possible.That y i asked you.
Regards,
Karthikeyan.B

What about the rest of the post?

Why can't you convert from a string to a number, add one and convert it back?

And if an employee didn't have a mobile, I'd leave the field blank, not fill it with zeros.

It's quite simple, you take
char phone[] = "0000000";

Then write a function to do addition like you would on paper.
char phone[] = "0000001";

When you get to
char phone[] = "0000009";
the next one will be
char phone[] = "0000010";

Or just convert to int, add one, then convert back to string, as previously suggested

char phone[] = "0000000";
int ph = atol(phone)+1;
sprintf(phone,"%08d", ph);
This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.