i have a homework. do a program using java that will ask a user to input a infix expression , and the program will convert it to postfix expression...
help!!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

i have a homework. do a program using java that will ask a user to input a infix expression , and the program will convert it to postfix expression...
help!!

help with what? as you said, you have an assignment, which propably means your teacher wants YOU to make it. we're willing to help you correct your code, but we won't make it from scratch for you.

and just to be complete: if you're not capable of completing one single line of code for this little project using your course material and the millions of examples on the net, I hope in you're place you don't have Java programming as a main course

help!!

Read the forum rules and announcements; help is provided if and only if an attempt is made by the poster. Give your assignment a try and post if you have any problems. Read the stickies at the top of the forum to get started.

help with what? as you said, you have an assignment, which propably means your teacher wants YOU to make it. we're willing to help you correct your code, but we won't make it from scratch for you.

and just to be complete: if you're not capable of completing one single line of code for this little project using your course material and the millions of examples on the net, I hope in you're place you don't have Java programming as a main course

-thank you for the reply.... it means a lot to me,even though my problem wasn't solve,the fact of not being neglected and you take time to reply... thank you!!!! i want to explore this course but because of incompetent teacher i have,it makes it difficult for me.... anyway thanks!!!

To give you a start. Infix to Postfix expression problem is a typical example of problems that can be solved with a stack. Take a look here to get a better example.

I want to explore this course but because of incompetent teacher i have,it makes it difficult for me.... anyway thanks!!!

well... life is not a Karate Kid sequel.. not all the problems in it are the teachers fault and quotes like "there is no such thing as a bad student, only a bad teacher" is nonsense, since every student can be a teacher. there are millions of people out there who tutered themselves and they didn't seem to be bothered too much about some teacher.

is it just the infix-postfix part you didn't get? how good is your knowledge of Java, since you haven't yet shown a bit of code to read the data either.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.