Ok...so I have a project due in 3 weeks and I haven't started. If i don't get it done I won't be able to graduate...the problem is i don't get java AT ALL...if anyone is willing to help me out with parts of the project..i would deeply appreciate it. I'm supposed to make a system that is similar to a Volunteer system. It has a database of volunteers (stored on one random access file) and the hours that they worked (stored on another file in a linked list). I was going to make it a GUI but I'm not sure if it's realistic any more.
The following need to be in the program:
1. Adding data to an instance of the RandomAccessFile class by direct manipulation of the file
pointer using the seek method
2. Deleting data from an instance of the RandomAccessFile class by direct manipulation of the file
pointer using the seek method. (Data primitives or objects may be shuffled or marked as deleted
by use of a flag field. Therefore files may be ordered or unordered).
3. Searching for specified data in an instance of the RandomAccessFile class.
5. Merging two or more sorted data structures
9. Parsing a text file or other data stream
10. Implementing a hierarchical composite data structure. A composite data structure in this
definition is a class implementing a record style data structure. A hierarchical composite data
structure is one that contains more than one element and at least one of the elements is a
composite data structure. Examples are, an array or linked list of records, a record that has one
field that is another record, or an array.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!!