hi I was wondering if anyone knows how to create a dictionary using ANSI C. I really Dont know where to start...any help is appreciated...

Thanx in advance

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

If I were you, I'd start by defining exactly what you mean by "dictionary".

If I were you, I'd start by defining exactly what you mean by "dictionary".

first of all thanks for replying...A dictionary from japanse romanji to english and vise versa..and the dictionary data base would be from a single text file....my main prob is how do i get a specific line from that text file
..:D

first of all thanks for replying...A dictionary from japanse romanji to english and vise versa..and the dictionary data base would be from a single text file....my main prob is how do i get a specific line from that text file
..:D

Well what you really need to do is to create a very large HASH TABLE where in a key has two references ie a word types in japanese(key) with references as the languages you would want to translate that into(meanings). You can work out your needs and the resources and then decide as to which method to choose.

I am sending u a copy of program

I am sending u a copy of program

thank you very much for the help!! it really did!!..thank you ur a life saver!!..:D

surender ur program is working but there is still a problem that we have to add words in the dictionary...this can also be possible using simple coding if a person have knowledge about structure....but i want to know that is there any way in which we can add words without a mannual adding?its very urgent for me?plz reply?

The earlier posts are from 2009, so I doubt they will answer your questions.

You need to start a new thread with your problem, and let this one be buried, again. ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.