madhu raju 0 Newbie Poster

hi
im new to vb.net
im developing a standalone application based on patient information system.In that iam maintaining the visiting details and prescription details of the patients. here iam taking two datagridviews one is for Visiting details and another is for prescription details. in one datagridview iam using four datagridviewcomboboxcolumns.my problems is according to row selection of the first datagridview i have to get the details of the prescription details into the second gridview.here iam getting the problem with comboboxcolumns,to retrieve the data from the database into the gridview.
In my prescription datagridview(second gridview) there r four columns one is medicine type,medicine name,dosage,duration these four cells are datagridviewcomboboxcolumns.
Medicine type comboboxcolumn contains tablet,capsule,syrup list
according to the selection of the medicine type medicine names should be fill in the second comboboxcolumn. this thing i get it and also saving the record without any problem but the problem is when at the time of retirieving iam geting the medicine type but i didnt get the medicinename according to medicinetype from the database and also fill the remaining medicinename according to the medicinetype .this should be done automatical at the time of first datagirdview row click
how can i do it
any body can help for this with simple example
thank u
:-/