I have two questions, the first of which is simple but I can't think of what the answer is:

<code deleted and saved as attachment>

lol sorry...

I get the following complier error:

<errors deleted and saved as attachment>

why is 'string' undeclared? Where do I declare it? It is just that I have never designed a "Windows Form Application" (GUI) app before I know with the command based one you just include the declaration at the top followed by "using namespace std;" but I am unsure of where the declaration goes in this circumstance.
Secondly, in my declaration of the "mainarray"... there must be an easier way to do this... I know you can do a loop like so:

int arr[3][3];
for (int x=0; x<3; x++)
   for (int y=0; y<3; y++)
      arr[x][y] = 0;

but you can't use a loop with the textboxes as you can't say:

arr[x][y] = textboxxy;

so there must be an easier way of doing this?
Apologies for the long post... I am aware it probably isn't necessary to include all the code that I did.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

One problem is that you included <string> but failed to specify std namespace. line 975: std::string blabla

One problem is that you included <string> but failed to specify std namespace. line 975: std::string blabla

I'm aware of that,

the declaration at the top followed by "using namespace std;" but I am unsure of where the declaration goes in this circumstance.

If I add it in above line 974 I get the following error:

<all errors deleted and saved as attachment>

Please don't post such huge files any more because some browsers can't handle them.

you can't use STL classes with managed code. System has its own String class which you should use. Read this article

I think I vaguely understand the article but fail to see how I can implement that in my code. Sorry for the noobishness... :icon_rolleyes:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.