Member Avatar for Dilbert137

Dear All,

I'm starting a new project and would like to know where can i get some IT books on antivirus and network programming. Is there some basic source code for antivirus software? where can we get the list of viruses, trojans, malware so that to remove them on the os system?

Best Regards
Stéphane

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I suggest you use SDL_net For networking. The library is pretty much procedural, but writing a quick wrapper class so it behaves in an OOP manner is trivial.

One thing about Anti-Viruses, is that they rely on a signature database. Typically there is an underlying engine that simplifies the majority of this processes. Understand, that this is no minor undertaking..... writing an A.V. is down-right cumbersome, even at the simplest level. That's not to mention making it consume less resources so that your performance doesn't end up like Norton's... I strongly suggest downloading the source code of the Free Software AV called Clamwin, or the OpenAntiVirus Project.

Thanks very much for your replies. I have gone to Clamwin but i haven't seen the source code.

Dilbert137

Do you even know what all that gibberish in an executable means, or have you ever dealt with virii code or seen one disassembled and compared to just regular code?

It just that i do not find the source code for Clamwin. I am new to antivirus programming and want to understand more how it works and make a small program. I know want a source code is and have already written assembly codes.

It just that i do not find the source code for Clamwin. I am new to antivirus programming and want to understand more how it works and make a small program. I know want a source code is and have already written assembly codes.

>...and want to make a small program
LOL, a small AV? It's at least 1000 lines or more I think :P

>I know what a source code is and blabla ...
It isn't because you know what 'source code' means, that you can actually understand someone else's source code

>...and have already written assembly codes
I hope you're not trying to write your AV in assembler (probably not, otherwise you weren't posting in the C++ forum), that will be a pain in the ... :P

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.