Can anyone point me in the direction on how to develop a plug in system for my application. so that the user can extend the functionality of the program by including more hardware to it.

Evan

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

plugin could mean anything you want it to mean. This is like telling an auto repairman "My car is broke, how can I fix it?". Not much information to go on now is there???:?:

plugin could mean anything you want it to mean. This is like telling an auto repairman "My car is broke, how can I fix it?". Not much information to go on now is there???:?:

I guess my question is a little unclear. I want to create a plugin framework that would allow the users to create a plugin that will tell our program how to use the user's custom hardware.

jencas,
I saw that sight and read it but I'm looking for something that would so me how to do it in linux.

Sorry, I have no idea how to do it either.

So like in games when you have the option of which device to use; the custom "plug-ins/updates" would contain the rules on how to interact with the unknown hardware?

So like in games when you have the option of which device to use; the custom "plug-ins/updates" would contain the rules on how to interact with the unknown hardware?

yea kind of. In this case the custom hardware would be interacting with your car, i.e. measure sensors, unlock doors, etc..

I'm trying to allow the software to be easily upgradable for us and the user.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.