hi
any body describe me how to get the form value on a popup to print
in java.....

i.e i want that value on form come on a new popup window when i click submit button so that i can print these values accordingly

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Not sure what you up to but in general JEditorPane, JTextArea and JTextField inhere getText() method from JTextComponent.
For JComboBox you need to use getSelectedIndex() and match it against Array or Vector you passed to constructor to find name of selected element. Here is tutorial on How to Use Combo Boxes and another for check boxes How to Use Combo Boxes.

Collect data from components of your form, put them in some object that is easy to pass to next method, some bean can be handy. Than call your pop up window and display these that in what ever format you want

hi peter
thax a lot .....i will try this

Not sure what you up to but in general JEditorPane, JTextArea and JTextField inhere getText() method from JTextComponent.
For JComboBox you need to use getSelectedIndex() and match it against Array or Vector you passed to constructor to find name of selected element. Here is tutorial on How to Use Combo Boxes and another for check boxes How to Use Combo Boxes.

Collect data from components of your form, put them in some object that is easy to pass to next method, some bean can be handy. Than call your pop up window and display these that in what ever format you want

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.