Class68_Sub13_Sub11.aRSString_3611,
			   Class96.aRSString_1697 })));
	return (Class68_Sub20_Sub13_Sub2.method1166
		(2, (new RSString[]
		     { Class68_Sub13_Sub29.aRSString_3934,
		       Class68_Sub13_Sub24.method816(i_0_ / 1000000, 0),
		       Class18.aRSString_296, Class96.aRSString_1697 })));
    }

What is this peice of code, tryna do? Can someone tell me step by step? I know it looks confusing, but what is it calling or returning...?

Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

depending on the value of i_0_ it calls certain methods with some parameters and returns them

Thank you for clearing that up :). Anyone else?

I think he was being sardonic. That might be the wrong word. In any case, he was giving you as much information on the topic as you're going to get, considering the unclearly written, uncommented code that you posted & the code it uses which you didn't post. Not to mention that we aren't here to explain code to people line by line.

Depending on the value of i_0_ it constructs an array of RSStrings (no definition provided) and passes it to one on a number of similarly-named methods (no code or definitions provided), and returns whatever value that that method returns. Also, at the beginning it updates a couple of couple of variables whose definition or purpose it not revealed. I'm not being sardonic or sarcastic, but I have no idea what more anyone could tell you from such an incomplete fragment.
ps: If the rest of the code is similar to this fragment, don't bother posting it!
Good luck.

I'm guessing it's decompiled code. If you want to know the details of what it is doing, consult the source.

Depending on the value of i_0_ it constructs an array of RSStrings (no definition provided) and passes it to one on a number of similarly-named methods (no code or definitions provided), and returns whatever value that that method returns. Also, at the beginning it updates a couple of couple of variables whose definition or purpose it not revealed. I'm not being sardonic or sarcastic, but I have no idea what more anyone could tell you from such an incomplete fragment.
ps: If the rest of the code is similar to this fragment, don't bother posting it!
Good luck.

Thank you. Yeah this is decompiled... I just wanted to know in more of detail. Thank you guys all.

Sorry about this bump, but I got one more question. So I got more into that snippet, and I found out the other methods. Yes this code was 1st decompiled and then deob'ed. I understand the other methods that it asks for, but not this one cause im not pretty sure.

public static RSString method1106(boolean bool, int i,
				      RSString[] class100s, int i_12_) {
	anInt4307++;
	int i_13_ = 0;
	for (int i_14_ = 0; i_14_ < i_12_; i_14_++) {
	    if (class100s[i_14_ + i] == null)
		class100s[i_14_ + i] = Class68_Sub8.aRSString_2871;
	    i_13_ += class100s[i + i_14_].anInt2293;
	}
	byte[] is = new byte[i_13_];
	int i_15_ = 0;
	for (int i_16_ = 0; i_12_ > i_16_; i_16_++) {
	    RSString class100 = class100s[i - -i_16_];
	    Class39.method465(class100.aByteArray2268, 0, is, i_15_,
			      class100.anInt2293);
	    i_15_ += class100.anInt2293;
	}
	RSString class100 = new RSString();
	class100.anInt2293 = i_13_;
	class100.aByteArray2268 = is;
	if (bool != true)
	    return null;
	return class100;
    }

Any explanation is appreciated-and if you can go in detail I will love you. Oh and im sorry if it looks like im just asking for answers. But Im not. Im doing it for learning purposes.

It's rather suspect that you do not mention where you got the code, why the actual source is not available, what it is supposed to be for, or anything of the sort. As you can see, decompiled/deobfuscated code is not the easiest thing to read and make sense of and you've not given much reason why anyone should.

It's rather suspect that you do not mention where you got the code, why the actual source is not available, what it is supposed to be for, or anything of the sort. As you can see, decompiled/deobfuscated code is not the easiest thing to read and make sense of and you've not given much reason why anyone should.

This code is from a client. Runescape client. Its to big to post. Want me to post some specific stuff? I will if you want...

This code is from a client. Runescape client. Its to big to post. Want me to post some specific stuff? I will if you want...

I think the larger question (at least for me) is why are you trying to make sense of the decompiled code if you already have the source code itself (I'm guessing you DON'T have the source code)? At any rate, it looks like there are variables like anInt4307 that were declared outside the code you posted, so it's impossible to say what's going on from what you posted, I would imagine.

I think the larger question (at least for me) is why are you trying to make sense of the decompiled code if you already have the source code itself (I'm guessing you DON'T have the source code)? At any rate, it looks like there are variables like anInt4307 that were declared outside the code you posted, so it's impossible to say what's going on from what you posted, I would imagine.

Ohhh my bad I said it wrong. No I dont have the source. Im tryna re-factor it.

public static int anInt4307;

Hack and refactor don't mean the same thing. If they wanted you to be able to "refactor" that code, they would have made it available.

Hack and refactor don't mean the same thing. If they wanted you to be able to "refactor" that code, they would have made it available.

No its possible. This is the beauty of it. So far I refactored and renamed quiet a phew in the client. So I was just wondering about the latest snippet I posted.

He didn't say it was impossible, he said if they wanted you to do it, they would have made the code available to begin with. It is possible for me to steal my neighbor's bike because they leave it outside unchained, but I think they would prefer to keep it.

He didn't say it was impossible, he said if they wanted you to do it, they would have made the code available to begin with. It is possible for me to steal my neighbor's bike because they leave it outside unchained, but I think they would prefer to keep it.

Okay... I know you deep inside you want to flame me, since your jewish and im arabian, but calm down I dont have time.

Anyways umm yea I think if they wanted they would give it out. But the company doesnt want the source code out anymore. They used to. Now if we/I want to obtain it, we have to rename the code ourselves.

So can anyone explain to me, what that snippet is tryna do? I dont want the exact things. Just an idea.

Actually I haven't ever practiced Judaism, though I don't care to explain the reason to you. I couldn't care in the slightest whether you are arabian or not, and even if I was a practicing Jew, I still wouldn't. Anyway, I finally followed the suggestion I was given on this site to decompile my own source code - since I was foolish enough to reformat my hard drive and I lost it - and what happened was that when I decompiled it, the code looks almost the same as when I wrote it. Unlike the code you posted, which looks like it might have gone through some sort of obfuscation technique. I'm no expert, and that might be incorrect, just saying. And lastly, I'm hopeful that nobody else will waste your time by replying to this thread.

Actually I haven't ever practiced Judaism, though I don't care to explain the reason to you. I couldn't care in the slightest whether you are arabian or not, and even if I was a practicing Jew, I still wouldn't. Anyway, I finally followed the suggestion I was given on this site to decompile my own source code - since I was foolish enough to reformat my hard drive and I lost it - and what happened was that when I decompiled it, the code looks almost the same as when I wrote it. Unlike the code you posted, which looks like it might have gone through some sort of obfuscation technique. I'm no expert, and that might be incorrect, just saying. And lastly, I'm hopeful that nobody else will waste your time by replying to this thread.

No nothing personal. Im sorry I thought you were tryna put me down or tryna start something. This code went under ZKM obfuscation. I Deobed it, and tryna rename. Im making progress with other area's. But every now and then you run thru stuff that doesnt make sense. And so I thought maybe you guys would give me an idea of whats its tryna do, since you guys are all obviously more advanced then me.

You mean that you don't know what this for-loop does?

or this:

Or are you saying that we should say what the Class68_Sub8's attribute (aRSString_2871) has as value?

or this:

Or are you saying that we should say what the Class68_Sub8's attribute (aRSString_2871) has as value?

Sorry for the double posting
Again internet connection problems. Clicked the submit button, page did not redirect after several minutes and I pressed the button again

or this:

I think I have an idea of what its tryna do... But whats your take.

This code went under ZKM obfuscation. I Deobed it, and tryna rename. Im making progress with other area's. But every now and then you run thru stuff that doesnt make sense. And so I thought maybe you guys would give me an idea of whats its tryna do, since you guys are all obviously more advanced then me.

You just don't get the point here, do you? That code was obfuscated for a reason - the original source code didn't just accidentally fall into an obfuscator and then delete itself. Obviously the authors did not want to share that code and you aren't going to get much help hacking it here.

You just don't get the point here, do you? That code was obfuscated for a reason - the original source code didn't just accidentally fall into an obfuscator and then delete itself. Obviously the authors did not want to share that code and you aren't going to get much help hacking it here.

Wow... Well if thats how it is im sure some other forums will assist me. I just asked for an idea of what a snippet is tryna do. Not the exact stuff. Just a bunch of little girls.

FUCK YOU GUYS ALL.

FAGGOTS.

commented: Lame. -1
commented: Very immature. -3
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.