I have a transparent panel control, I don't use double buffering because they clash, and it also interferes with some other controls that I am using. On my panel I have 9 buttons, I have written code to remove a button on its click event, and then move the to the right of the removed buttons all to the left to take the place of the removed button via a slide in animation style movement. I wrote a class that takes the end position, the start position and the amount of steps and moves the buttons using a timer, so to allow the program to handle all its events. I call refresh()in the tick as well on the panel and It works fine except it looks kinda bad, jittery kinda, just doesn't look smooth. Im using a stout machine so I know its not my ability to process it.

It there some standard to doing this kind of thing, would I get best results calling refresh on the panel, or the entire form? I have tried both, and it appears the same to me. But I'm not sure what programmatically yields less work on the system with the desired result.

some other stuff to take into consideration,
the form is actually 2 forms, one that is a layeredwindow for crisp transparent edges, the other, my actual form for holding controls. all the button controls contain images and text and are flat style. the form contains a gradient background image and multiple instance of forced transparent controls such as panels and labels.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

The only thing I can say is the less pixel territory you have to Refresh, the better.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.