hii again ..sorry but this project is kinda killing me

anyway just small Q ?

how can I burn my (c++) project in a CD ?

my friend did it but they faced a problem that when they wanna open it in the Teacher computer they had to copy it from the CD and past it on the desktop then it will work ??

isnt there away so that the Ms can access the project directly ?

^^ thanx a loot

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

If your IDE requires that the project is to be opened on your hard drive and not a cd, then the only way is to do what your friend did.

Also, if it is a read-only cd, you wouldn't be able to make any changes to the project or even be able to compile it.

but the teacher told us that she there is way ro do that
becouse she has plenty of project so she doesn't want to copy and past everytime

thanx ^^

well in that case pal , could u enlighten ur more about the kind of enviornment ur working in and wat is your project all about ..?

the project is a c++ file ( VS 2005 )

wat my friend did is that they went to the visuals studio project and copy the the while project file ( which contain the source , header files ....)

so is there something else I should burn it with the file so it will open dirctly ??

sorry if i confused u

but the teacher told us that she there is way ro do that
becouse she has plenty of project so she doesn't want to copy and past everytime

thanx ^^

Well, then the teacher should give you instructions on how to set up the project.

Not sure if it will work completely, but what about setting Project Properties | Configuration Properties | Output Directory and Intermediate Directory to a set location, such as C:\student work\debug ?

Well when ur project compilation is in process (thats assuming in cd ) does it by any chance create and database or file to store data or any kind of modification or edition happens in that case. well u gotto take care about that . cuz once written in CD (which happens to read only) u cannot forcibly (well u can but will be superfluous) push in file or modify the existing one.

Thanx all
I couldnt figur out how to
but wat I did is that I made sure that it has the debuging file
then copied the whole forlder
and i didnt face any problems after that
( am not sure if that was right but i submited it ^^)

thanx

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.