hey ,
do u know any tool that convert IDL(Interactive data language) to C++.
plz, if u know do tell me!!
thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Member Avatar for jencas

omniORB contains a tool for that, but I don't know if it fits your needs

what is omniORB?? is it a tool to convert IDL to C++ language??

omniORB contains a tool for that, but I don't know if it fits your needs

Member Avatar for jencas

what is omniORB??

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=omniORB

is it a tool to convert IDL to C++ language??

If I remember correctly I wrote: "omniORB contains a tool..."
The name of this command line tool is omniidl.exe and translates your .idl to .cpp (if provided with appropriate parameters)

commented: LOL, put a bigger sign on it, I don't think the astronaughts on the ISS can see it. The OP is obviously the only earth-bound person who still can't! +35

thanks for ur reply Sir.
can u tell me from where i can download this tool to convery IDL(Interactive data language) to C++ language.
thanks again

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=omniORB

The name of this command line tool is omniidl.exe and translates your .idl to .cpp (if provided with appropriate parameters)

thanks for ur reply Sir.
can u tell me from where i can download this tool to convery IDL(Interactive data language) to C++ language.
thanks again

Yes, it's included with omniORB, you can get it here :)

After installing, follow jencas' instructions:

Hello Sir,

i think u are talking about Interface Definition file(IDL--.idl file) to C++ conversion.........through omniidl tool.

But i need Interactive Data Language(IDL---.pro files) to C++ conversion tool. it is a confusion of IDL(same shortcut for 2 different names).

if u know any Ineteractive Data language(a similar language to Matlab) to C++ conversion tool , then please let me know
thanks in advance

Regards,
Ruchi

Yes, it's included with omniORB, you can get it here :)

After installing, follow jencas' instructions:

Member Avatar for jencas

O.K., I see. Under this circumstances omniidl.exe is the wrong tool for you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.