Hi,

We are into Reports development using C# and PDF Library (for front end). The development is done in Visual studio 2005/2.0 framework. Now since the production has 1.1 framework, I was asked to "downgrade" to VS 2003.
The problem is we have Tuple/generics in 2.0. After I recreated the project in 1.1, it is giving me all kinds of errors.

Can you please help me out, point me in the direction of how to recreate the tuple logic in VS 2003?

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

I can send you the generics implementation in VS 2005 or you can extract it from reflector :)

Hi,
It would be great if you can send me the generic implementation.
But I will be needing that in VS 2003 since I should downgrade from VS 2005 to VS 2003.
And also, I didnt get what you mean by "get from reflector".

Thank you

look, in .net framework 2.0 they are just classes no more no less, and reflector can extract C# code from assemblies.

look, in .net framework 2.0 they are just classes no more no less, and reflector can extract C# code from assemblies.

I do not have any idea on what needs to be done here. Can you please elucidate?

Just wait to tomorrow and I'll attach this thread with dll you can add it as reference and work with generics in your vs 2003 I hope this workaround works

Just wait to tomorrow and I'll attach this thread with dll you can add it as reference and work with generics in your vs 2003 I hope this workaround works

Thank you, will wait

Please just remind me if I didn't send it to you after 1 AM GMT

Please just remind me if I didn't send it to you after 1 AM GMT

Will do that

I'm sorry I couldn't do that, because it needs some improvements in the language itself.

Will do that

Hi Ramy,

Iam struggling with this one:
x = new System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary<System.String, System.String>();
Can you please tell me how this can be converted to 1.1 framework?

Thank you

You can't.
One thing to is to convert all generics to ArrayList and cast.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.