Member Avatar for leegeorg07

due to someone elses post about a keylogger, i wanted to use the program:

# get the character of a key pressed (no return key needed)
# works only in the command window and with Windows OS
# msvcrt.dll is the MS C library containing most standard C functions

from msvcrt import getch
while ord(getch()) != 27:
    z = getch()
    print z

but i was wondering how i could modify it so that it could be used to email a list of characters entered between a certain timeframe (could be described as an arg in a function) to a email specified in the program.
just in case you were wondering, lots of people have been using my computer for illegal things and i want to find out how they are getting past my blocks so i thought this would be the best way

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for leegeorg07

cool thanks, if i find any parts that i dont understand would you be ok with explaining them?

hahaha, ill should be able to help up to a point :) Im not that familiar with these libraries.

Hope i can help :)

As for making the keylogger, you may want to have a look at pyhook, which can capture all keyboard events and mouse clicks in Windows (so even when your program's window isn't in focus). Definitely a useful thing to have access to for your purposes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.