Thanks for the input last night Dave.

Anyone willing to help:

I have rewritten parts of my compplay function; I know its redundant, but I will work on that after I can solve some other problems.

The problems I am having are these, imput on any or all of the three would be much appriciated. Thanks.

First, the last else if in the compplay function fills in the remainder of the board instead of just one turn, and I cannot figure out why.

Second, the chckwin function only works for the player, X, and not for the computer O, despite using the same function.

Please, any input on these or other problems would help me out.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I solved my first problem with a break, so it is the second one only I could use some help on. Thanks.

Thanks for the input last night Dave.

Anyone willing to help:

I have rewritten parts of my compplay function; I know its redundant, but I will work on that after I can solve some other problems.

The problems I am having are these, imput on any or all of the three would be much appriciated. Thanks.

First, the last else if in the compplay function fills in the remainder of the board instead of just one turn, and I cannot figure out why.

Second, the chckwin function only works for the player, X, and not for the computer O, despite using the same function.

Please, any input on these or other problems would help me out.

Thanks.

Hey i have a tic tac toe program I can send you if you would like an example to work off of. Just give me a PM if your intrested.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.