Does anyone know a good internet site where I can 'park' my Python code?
Easy download, upload, and search.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Are you talking about having your own host for this or some sort of community-based site?

A good site is github. They have private and public repositories, but you have to pay for the private ones.

You can get that 2GB of free space @ Mozy, I am not completely sure its totally free, but they advertise that. Its kinda like a repository.

But if you just want to 'Park' things or 'Store' them then any upload site can just about work.

So if you're just looking for storage, you can get a free account with Zymic.com (something like mysitename.vndv.com) which has 6GB of storage and an absurd amount of bandwidth too.

dang, beats my 2GB all to pieces. I actually normally use FileFront for a hosting type deal, but its not private anyone can look your stuff up and download it..

With a Zymic account, you could just change whatever folder you're using for storage so that the permissions don't allow public reading/executing.

I use my account with them a lot for storage, but I also do run a simple photography page off it it too.

This differs from FileFront though because this isn't just file hosting - it's a personal website essentially.

Yeah it dose, I have actually never seen a website offer 6GB of free space..If that much is truly free.. Normally its 500mb or maybe 1GB.. But that sounds like a good thing to have..

Shameless promotion:

http://www.nudebeachfilms.org

I use bluehost.com to host the site, and I put all sorts of other junk on it too, because as far as I can tell it's unlimited. Also unlimited subdirectories.

But I pay for it. And as many of you know, you have to pay up front for websites. $5 a month isn't much, but $5x36 (3 years) makes a dent on my credit card statement. But if you're willing to shell out the $200 (you get discounts for longer time) you get your storage and a domain.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.