Hi,
I want to track changes done to wxListCtrl as user Updates it (via my custom dialog of course). I will be querying and saving updates from and to database. the problem I have in thinking how to track changes and enable/disable save button as well as update the database (when save button clicked)

Any suggestion on how to do it? :(

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Stefano Mtangoo

Well, this is certainly a loaded question.

First thing to do is to save two copies of the query results so there is a working copy, and an original copy. Then I would bind to EVT_LIST_END_LABEL_EDIT from the wx.ListCtrl, that way you know when a label has possibly been change. Then compare the new label of the working copy to the corresponding label of the original copy, and if a change has happened, then enable the save button (buttonname.Enable(True) to enable)

I know my explanation was a bit general, do you want a more specific answer?

I know my explanation was a bit general, do you want a more specific answer?

Thanks for even that geanaral question. I want to be full loaded with bullets before tackle that pert of project. You can be as specific as you want. In short NO limitation!

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.