Please can somebody explain to me whether sometimes the strrev function fails or not.
I was giving an assignment to write an application that can detect whether an entered word from the keyboard is a palindrome or not.
After accepting the string and tried to use the function from the string.h.

Recommended Answers

Please can somebody explain to me whether sometimes the strrev function fails or not.
I was giving an assignment to write an application that can detect whether an entered word from the keyboard is a palindrome or not.
After accepting the string and tried to use the function from the …

Jump to Post

All 2 Replies

1> i have never seen strrev() in string.h. May be it is there in some compiler other than i have used.

2> if its there there and is a library function then there is seldom chance that it will fail. Try to get its manual and read.
It would be better if u recheck your code or write your own strrev() which servs your purpose.

You don't necessarily need a "string reverse" function to check for palindromes.

For a string of length N, how about:
1. check if the 1st and Nth character are equal, if so, then:
2. check if the 2nd and (N-1)th character are equal, if so, then:
3. check if the 3rd and (N-2)th character are equal,
.......etc etc.

If any of the conditions fail, then you don't have a palindrome.
This can be done iteratively or recursively.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.