Is there a link somewhere that explains how to post tutorials? I have one I'd like to post (it shows how to use direct ODBC for enumerating ODBC drivers, connecting to Excel, Access, and SQL Server Express), and don't know how to do it. Would it need to be reviewed by anyone?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

That sounds like a good tutorial as it is quite a popular topic I can imagine.

If I remember the tutorials gets vetted but there is not from stopping you posting it as a snippet with comments for extra info.

Well, maybe code snippets would actually be better. I hadn't really intended paragraph upon paragraph of prose - just some comments here & there in the code. I wouldn't mind attaching files though if that's possible.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I know you can attach zip files to forum posts. Not sure about snippets.

I wondered how to create and post tutorials myself. Here is the responses I got.

Xlphos link is the right place!
If you need to post a snippet post here!

I know you can attach zip files to forum posts. Not sure about snippets.

Nope. No attachments in snippets. I've been asking for this feature for about half a year now and Dani promised that it will be implemented. So we'll have to wait patiently :)

I have one I'd like to post (it shows how to use direct ODBC for enumerating ODBC drivers, connecting to Excel, Access, and SQL Server Express)

Are you aware that the complete code for this is in MSDN... for more than 15 years ?!

(more than 25 samples in C and C++ !)

commented: MSDN spambot -5
commented: Joining red squares together est 1990. +23

Are you aware that the complete code for this is in MSDN... for more than 15 years ?!

Who cares? There is life beyond MSDN you know... :icon_wink:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.