after i delete .cab file located on pc i want to clear the program
entry that depends on that .cab from activesync add/remove programs menu.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

when it comes to mobile development, you guys have no idea, do you?

Nope, but I'm feeling frisky... What/where would be a good starter project like "hello world", because I own a couple of PocketPC's and have never tried to interface but would like to learn?;) If you could make that a project suggestion that then updates with ActiveSync, I would of course pursue finding an answer to your question as well, I noticed thread because I used to ActiveSync with my PocketPC years ago, but never tried to interface programmatically. I searched around, given what I know, but I didn't think anything I found directly addressed your problem.

the starter project could be this. pick some easy .net questions from c# forum, then create a mobile application using visual studio and do the code sample on mobile project. then post the code along with mobile attachment :) and also you can submit the same project in windows forms application version. try to convert windows forms applications to mobile applications. that will teach you a lot. that is what i am doing all day long professionally.

Nope, but I'm feeling frisky... What/where would be a good starter project like "hello world", because I own a couple of PocketPC's and have never tried to interface but would like to learn?;) If you could make that a project suggestion that then updates with ActiveSync, I would of course pursue finding an answer to your question as well, I noticed thread because I used to ActiveSync with my PocketPC years ago, but never tried to interface programmatically. I searched around, given what I know, but I didn't think anything I found directly addressed your problem.

OK, I'm diggin out my pocket pc and connections and getting ready to shutdown so I can find room in my power strip...don't blow me off--;)

start with your operating system, most probably it is either pocket pc 2003 or windows mobile 5.0 so when you open visual studio you will select one of these project types.

the starter project could be this. pick some easy .net questions from c# forum, then create a mobile application using visual studio and do the code sample on mobile project. then post the code along with mobile attachment :) and also you can submit the same project in windows forms application version. try to convert windows forms applications to mobile applications. that will teach you a lot. that is what i am doing all day long professionally.

:( Oh, figure it out myself from the beginning...I get it...:cool: OK. Just thought I would try to help by involving myself in such a project, and I did just hook up my pda and reboot and all. I'll watch the thread to see what they tell you...:P

Cheers!

:( Oh, figure it out myself from the beginning...I get it...:cool: OK. Just thought I would try to help by involving myself in such a project, and I did just hook up my pda and reboot and all. I'll watch the thread to see what they tell you...:P

Cheers!

I guess there was a time delay or something because I didn't see the other posts... ;)

Anyway, I am looking into it, but I hope someone else will give a response before I can.

Cheers!

Nope :(

I don't even know how to create a project using the compact framework. I have been tempted to look in to it a time or two when you have asked a question.

:yawn:I'm so tired... I need some sknake oil I thinks....

I will try again this weekend. Surely someone will know the answer to your question by then...;)

Oh drats! I downloaded a pocketpc project and tried to run it deployed to my device, but VS and I discovered ActiveSync is no longer installed on this machine, though I still have a shortcut for it. I thought about reinstalling it, then I remembered what I had to go through last time with upgrading the device's OS, and that was an old service release back then too I think.

So, I guess I should purchase a more current OS than version 4.20.1081? I don't want to go through all this trouble to learn my OS is too old to be practical.

I did find the emulator deployment to be very slick. At first I thought it was really buggy because of the way it was acting, but then my screen blanked and freaked me out. It soon gave me that message about loading the .net source reference cache that I have enabled for debugging, which took a while since it had to find and download it from the web. So I guess the program was still loading while the emulator was letting me do PocketPC like functions--weird stuff.

Anyway, it doesn't look like I will be of much help to you anytime soon. I did notice a project/article of interest on codeproject, written in c++ by a researcher at MS back in 2004, that you might want to take a look at if you haven't already: Manual uninstaller for PocketPC

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.