hi

i developed an app in VS 2008 with vb.net which was intended to have reporting features but unfortunately deploying with crystal reports was too hard so i chose to go with .rdlc but i'm completely clueless on how to use it, whether it has a report viewer, how it accesses information from my db, etc ....

thanx

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

hi

i developed an app in VS 2008 with vb.net which was intended to have reporting features but unfortunately deploying with crystal reports was too hard so i chose to go with .rdlc but i'm completely clueless on how to use it, whether it has a report viewer, how it accesses information from my db, etc ....

thanx

This is a good approach, the idea behind creating embedded reports using SQL Reporting is as follows.

The RDLC file is the report, then you need to use the ReportViewer control on a form to initialize the report.

A good example can be found here : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337089.aspx

Hope this helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.