stratodavius 0 Newbie Poster

Hello everyone:

This is my first post on the site -- so if you think this post is misplaced or not formatted correctly or whatever, please let me know. Please accept my apologies in advance.

My issue? I'm trying to integrate a Python script to help automate tasks we use with Adobe RoboHelp -- an online Help authoring tool using HTML. I've got a fair amount of programming experience and have been working on learning Python; but I just would like to approach more experienced Python programmers to ask if this would even be feasible. I'm not quite completely aware of Python's functionality and/or limitations, so please excuse the potentially silly questions.

Just two examples of how I hope to use Python to automate technical writing processes:

1. We have a feedback link that writers now have to manually enter the page name in the link. Hoping to grab the title of the page and throw it into the feedback link to eliminate doing this manually.
  2. Using Python to automate a breadcrumb trail -- this would possibly scan a TOC and assemble it based on hierarchy.

I'm not asking how to accomplish this. I'm just wondering if this would be feasible. Because, like I said, I'm not sure of possible limitations, I do not want to waste time if this is not suitable.

I apologize for the long response. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Dave