Okay, so I'm sitting here bashing my head against the desk. I've been googling this for what seems the past hour. I cannot find any relative good links for making Python work with WAMP server. Yes, I understand how CGI scripts work. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to configure Apache to run with Python or anything. I have this script:

#!C:/python26/python.exe -u
print "Content-type: text/html\n"

print('''\
<html>
<head>
<title>Hello</title>
</head>
<body>
Hello world!
</body>
</html>
''')

That I want to run using WAMP. Thought it'd be simple, no? xD Anyways, can anyone give me a detailed explanation on how to get it to work? Without Mod-Python would be nice, because I have no idea what that is, and I keep hearing different thigns about it, such as you don't need it, blah blah blah. Please and thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Never mind, I got it all working out

Pray do enlighten us.

Python is extremely uncommon for use with websites. Sure, it's powerful, easy, but when it comes to real website (assuming that's what you want to do), you need php.

Python is extremely uncommon for use with websites. Sure, it's powerful, easy, but when it comes to real website (assuming that's what you want to do), you need php.

Very untrue.
"Real website"?
Is washingtonpost real enough?

PHP is great, but Rails and Django are simply much more powerful.
ASP.NET is also often considered better than PHP.

You definitely don't "need" php.

I have tried all and found strengths in all. So, I presume that it is based on personal preferences and personality. I found python good as a programming language. I wanted to check if it is as good as a web development environment?

http://mplstutorial.com/files/wamp_python/python_wamp.html is one such article to learn how to configure Django/Python for ?AMP.

Another is http://jyotirmaya.blogspot.com/2008/11/xampp-python-django.html ensure to follow the comments where from I got my solution.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.