jlew 0 Newbie Poster

Hey, im in my first computer science course and im having a really hard time.

i have two questions on an assignment which are stumping me

one is:
1. Create a function bulk-price that determines the amount of savings possible by buying soil delivered by the cubic yard instead of in bags by the cubic foot. Your function will consume the cost per cubic yard, the cost per cubic foot, the delivery charge, and the total number of cubic yards purchased. The delivery charge is applied to the bulk order only, a flat fee regardless of volume purchased. For example, (bulk-price 54 20 10 2) will produce 962 sincethecostofthebulkpurchasewillbe2×54+10 = 118andthecostofthebag purchase will be 2 × 20 × 27 = 1080. If the bulk cost is higher than the cost of buying soil in bags, the number produced will be negative. Note: there are three feet in one yard.

i have tried to do this for the last few days and i cant get around errors in the definition.

the second which i can make no sense of is:
Create a function drop -units that consumes an integer 10 or greater and produces the number obtained by removing the units. For example, (drop-units 143) will produce 140, (drop- units 299) will produce 290, and (drop-units 350) will produce 350.

I understand these are relatively easy questions but i really have been unable to successfully do them in the last few days so some help would be gretly appreciated

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.