Hello,

I got a python script to send emails for my clients , that script is fired whenever i got new products in the store. i have like 4000 emails, but the server pops me an error when it hits the 1000 email. The error says the limit is 1000. But i dont see where i can change it. Do you guys know?

TIA
/fferrandini

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

This seems more like a POP sever error than a python error. I don't think this is the right forum, but if you tell me what server you're using to host POP I might be able to help.

This seems more like a POP sever error than a python error. I don't think this is the right forum, but if you tell me what server you're using to host POP I might be able to help.

man the problem is sending emails, not receiving them...i use the stmplib from python to do the work. and its not giving errors,, its just telling me that it is limited to 1000 messages.

import smtplib
server = smtplib.SMTP()
server.connect("smtp.saojorgecascadura.com.br",25)

Right now i cant paste the error itself , for sure .. in the next time i need to run that script i will be back here.

the message appears in my server console, but still could it be a limit given by my smtp hosting service?

Dan08 and Sravan did the Pymailer program!
you can consider consulting them and may be it might be feature request

Sounds like a error in the SMTP library not your code, I have no idea why they'd limit it to 1000 emails. Alternatively if you're running linux you can output the "sendmail" command to the system, or you could get into sockets and make your own SMTP client, or if you really want to you could try and tinker with the SMTP lib and hack it to do what you want.

Can't you spawn 4 python processes, each of them sending 1000 mails ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.