Shinedevil 8 Junior Poster in Training

Ok, I'm completely stumped.
I heard that allegro was pretty cool. So I wanted to try it...

you don't have to read this
{
Now here is my story over the past 48 hours...
I downloaded all these things for allegro like version 4.2 or something like that, then tried to compile a file using the includes and stuff and got all sorts of errors with Dev-cpp 4.9.9.2. Then I found some tutorials and downloaded stuff like cmake and silksvn and other things like that and tried to compile allegro with no avail. I got to this thing where these people said to use this command called --disable-asm but nowhere could i find out how to actually use it. They just said "use this: ..." so I spent a good deal of time trying to figure that out and giving up. Then I figured out that visual c++ isn't even remotely able to compile anything with the words allegro.h in them. And then I found a solution to this problem that i was having in Dec-cpp 4.9.9.2 and figured out that my computer is bugged so i can't open project options on any version of that product so using it is pretty much a dead end. So I installed code::blocks and fumbled around in there. I got a new version of allegro, version 4.9 something. I installed it correctly, but it doesn't make this file called -lalleg so I got screwed. So when I tried to compile one of their examples, it says :" ld.exe cannot find -lalleg ". So I fumbled around on some forums and websites searching crap up to figure out what the hell this -lalleg thing is and there is no thing even remotely useful on the internet about this subject. I searched about how to add this thing, but it doesn't work, I looked at ways to make it, dead end. I even tried to find a torrent for this thing, nope.
}
SO here I am now...
48 hours later, nothing done.

Please tell me about the "-lalleg" because I can't find anything on it.
I am using the only compiler that I can, Code::Blocks
I get this error :
ld.exe||cannot find -lalleg|
||=== Build finished: 1 errors, 0 warnings ===|

I have a completely and correctly installed Allegro 5
But this file doesn't exist.

Please help me.