Anyone know the developers? Anyone else waiting for 3.x support? This is the only thing keeping me from upgrading to python 3.1 ....

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by vegaseat

A lot of developers aren't bothering changing their modules to 3.x I dont upgrade personally because i know if i do i will not be able to use wxPython anymore :(

So yeah, also seeing the last newspost was almost a year ago i have a feeling its not that active anymore... But heh, i could be wrong

We wouldn't have this problem if Windows machines would ship with Python installed. The real problem is that MS wants to make money with their old VB interpreter.

We wouldn't have this problem if Windows machines would ship with Python installed. The real problem is that MS wants to make money with their old VB interpreter.

I think that Van Rossum prefers OSX, and he works for Google, which makes 2 other obstacles.

Python like Java is open source, MS is horrified by this. They had to use Java because of the Internet Explorer. Look what they tried to do to Java a few years ago to make it their own, SUN had to sue them to stop it.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.